Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2020

What I learnt Last Week

What I learnt last week, is why my culture is so special to me. To be honest I actually learnt something new about my Cook island culture. What I learnt new was that there are fifteen stars on our flag and it represents the fifteen islands that make up the Cook islands.


My Writing 
Being a Cook islander is something I adore with my heart.
I am very proud of my culture.
I respect it with every ounce of knowledge and skill I have,
because Cook islanders are never shy or ashamed. 
The Cook islands is a nation in the South Pacific.
Right now there are 17,564 people living on the beautiful islands.
It is a Polynesien island, from the same lineage as other Pacific
Islands like Tonga, Tahiti, Hawai’i,
Samoa and others. There are three reasons why my Cook Island
culture is special to me.
Firstly, is our dance. One of our main dance’s is the Maori Ura.
Most female’s do the Maori Ura because they shake their hips and
move their body to tell us a story. 

My second reason is knowing that our island is named after a European historian. Did you know that the Cook islands were named after Captain James Cook?
He visited the Cook islands in 1773 and 1777.
My final reason is our national emblem. On our flag there are
15 stars. These stars represent the 15 islands that make up the
Cook islands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment