Pages

Thursday 27 August 2020

Proverb Narrative-Honesty Is The Best Policy

Honesty Is The Best Policy
It’s good to tell the truth,even if it seems as if it would be best to lie.


I was so thirsty and I felt like an Apple juice. I knew Jill stocked some
inside one of the cupboards in the kitchen which she told me and  my
three brothers to not touch. 


But I was craving for it and my throat was getting so dry so I had to
look for it, even though I didn’t ask. I had to be very careful and also
quiet so Jill wouldn't hear me. I acted like a ninja and was trying my
very best to stay quiet. Luckily she was listening to music on her
earphones.  So I had a chance to quickly run to the kitchen.


I finally got there. Somehow it felt like I knew where the Apple juice
was. I opened the second top cupboard and there it was - five more
containers of Apple juice. 


I took three of them and drank them all just like that.
I finally finished my last Apple juice and my stomach was so full.
It felt like I couldn’t move. 


Then I just realised that Jill said she was saving those 5 Apple
juice bottles for her friends cause they were coming over. I had an idea.
I remembered we had Apple Cider Vinegar so I grabbed the
Apple Cider Vinegar inside the fridge and off I went, trying
to tip it quickly and carefully inside the 3 juice bottles that were empty.


Later that night. . . 


Jill’s friends came over with some snacks,
waiting in the lounge while Jill went to grab the five Apple juices.
She didn’t even notice until… 


“JASMINE,JOSH,BRAXTON,BRENDAN” screamed Jill.
I knew I was in big trouble but I didn’t want to tell
the truth to her or put one of my brothers on the spot so
they would get blamed for it rather than me. 


I remembered a wise person once told me
“HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY”. “Um, Jill it was me that
drank your 3 Apple juices and I replaced it with Apple Cider Vinegar.
I’m so sorry Jill” 

Thank you for apologizing Jasmine but since you did that,
what about you make me & my friends some smoothies.
My brothers all laughed. “Also you three boys help your sister”
My brothers went quiet and didn’t say anything after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment