Pages

Tuesday 1 September 2020

Dawn Raids Poem

For my third History/Geography task. I had to make a poem about Dawn Raids or Migration. I did a poem about Dawn Raids. We had to include metaphors & similes which was quiet easy to do.


~Faiana~
~Room 11~ 
~2020~
Dawn raids

I woke up & all I heard was a bang from my front door
I was too scared to answer cause I never knew who was there
I look at my phone & it was only 5:00pm
My mum comes back from work at 6:00pm
So from that time I knew something was wrong
That bang kept ongoing as if that person needed to change their undies
I opened my bedroom door
And before I was going to look who was it
Someone grabbed me with strong grip from behind covering my mouth 
Without knowing who it was
I was frightened as if I was gonna die at that very moment
Then a whisper saying “ Shh be quiet, it’s me Jackson your cousin”
I was relieved
But the bang was getting louder & I couldn’t resist it so I went to open it
My cousin was trying to hold me back but I managed to get out
As I was getting closer
Then all of a sudden the sound went away
I was shocked because why would the bang just go away that fast
I was still standing in front of the door
And was thinking & thinking then...
BOOM! The backdoor opened 
Tall black figures armed walking around my house 
Grabbed me & my cousin & chucked both of us in a black dirty truck
I was crying as if my mum past away
I was shaking like a person that was shot to death
Why me? Why now? Who did this to us?
Dawn raids

No comments:

Post a Comment